Thursday, July 23, 2015

A blog on "You know what" topic

Aaah. I had to do that trick to bring you to this blog.

You will understand...why!

When one of the "developed" nations recently announced the good news on the same sax marriage, the hell broke loose.

The debates and discussions in "developing" nations went on and on.

I was part of a coffee table debate on this when the question popped up:

"If your son becomes a gay, will you debate in the same spirit"?

I responded - " If my son becomes a gay, will he stop being my son? NO. Will I be taken aback? Yes. But after my initial moments of truth I will gracefully recover and hug my son and say...I still love him and I am proud to be his mom. And oh yes...the spirit will be much more and fierce then as I would be talking about something which affects me personally"

And this exchange of words made me think.

Being a woman of 30+ from a middle class back ground who is straight in orientation, one thing I can say is, I don't need to be rich, young or a member of LGBT to empathize with LGBT fellows.

But I just need to:

be a human being.
believe in live and let live.
be compassionate towards fellow living (human) beings.
be willing to hear the problems and pains of the people who are different from me.
digest that people will have different perspectives. But to make my perspective heard, I don't need to put down some one else's perspective.
realize happiness is everybody's right.
know the difference between non-supporting and insulting. (I can choose not to support. But, it doesn't give me the right to insult any community)
see love as love
know that it is ok if I can't make some one's life easier. But, it is not ok to make some one's life difficult.


And oh yes, if ever comes a time when I get to know my son is a gay, I will tell him....

"Lets celebrate"...

Celebrate the magic of life!













 

3 comments:

  1. Wahh!!..great thoughts....we need more people like u Veena😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahh!!..great thoughts....we need more people like u Veena😍

    ReplyDelete