Thursday, May 21, 2015

Grey hair? - Ohhhh! Poor you!


Disclaimer: All the incidents mentioned here are purely incidental. Any resemblance to you or your dialogues or situations is purely co-incidental!

You can completely empathize with me if you have heard the following dialogues from some good soul in your circle at least once...

"Oh no! Grey hair?? You are sooooo young!!"
"Oh no! Why don't you colour it?"
"Poor you! in few years...you may look very old. why don't you try something?
"So many grey hairs? What are you doing about it?"
"I think you are stressed. Hence, so many grey hairs!"
"Try this oil..."
"Apply mehendi"
"Check with a doctor"

The never ending concern around the attack of the monster called "grey hair" never fails to amaze me. Especially when I am least concerned about it! (btw I am the one attacked by THE monster here!)

While I enjoy the attention I get, I do contemplate internally whether to respond or not.

Should I explain, why I have grey hair? (I swear, I am as clueless as you. But I can cook it up!)
Should I explain, why I am not concerned about it? (Oh God...what if they don't get convinced?")
Should I explain, why I am comfortable with not trying anything? (Well...how can I say that without trying anything? I should have been uncomfortable sometime by trying it to say I am comfortable with not trying it!)....sigh!!

So, here I go at the end of the contemplation - explaining the answers for all the above questions, to my well-wisher(s)! (each and everytime!)

In the last couple of months, I have gone through this vicious cycle of being noticed for the monstrous attack which has made me wonder...

To have or not to have!

PS: Poor me!
PPS: "To have or not to have" seems to be as intense as "To be or not to be"
PPS: Color of hair is the only thing we can choose #justsaying!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment